Course Overview: AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate
The AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate course is designed to prepare individuals for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam. This certification validates the skills and knowledge required to deploy, manage, and operate workloads on the AWS platform. The course covers a wide range of AWS services and best practices to ensure that participants are proficient in effectively managing AWS environments.
Learning Objectives: Upon completing this course, participants will gain the following skills and knowledge:
- Understanding of AWS Fundamentals: Participants will grasp the basics of cloud computing, the AWS global infrastructure, and how to manage access to AWS resources using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Compute Services: Participants will learn about Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) and how to provision, configure, and manage EC2 instances. They will also explore EC2 Auto Scaling to automatically adjust capacity based on demand.
- Networking in AWS: Participants will understand Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and how to create subnets, route tables, and network access control lists (ACLs). They will also learn about AWS Direct Connect and VPN for secure network connectivity.
- Storage Services: Participants will explore Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) and learn how to store and retrieve data. They will also understand Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS) and Amazon Glacier for data storage and backup.
- Database Services: Participants will gain knowledge about Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) and Amazon DynamoDB for managing databases in the cloud. They will also learn about Amazon Redshift and ElastiCache for data warehousing and caching.
- Monitoring and Metrics: Participants will learn to use AWS CloudWatch for monitoring AWS resources and generating alarms. They will also explore AWS Trusted Advisor and AWS Config for compliance and resource optimization.
- High Availability and Fault Tolerance: Participants will understand how to design and implement multi-AZ deployments for high availability. They will also learn about Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) and Amazon Route 53 for fault tolerance and load balancing.
- Security and Compliance: Participants will explore AWS security best practices and learn to set up IAM policies for access control. They will also understand AWS Key Management Service (KMS) for data encryption.
- Automation and Management Tools: Participants will learn to use AWS Systems Manager for automating operational tasks. They will also understand AWS CloudFormation for infrastructure as code and AWS OpsWorks for application management.
- Cost Optimization: Participants will gain knowledge about AWS Cost Explorer and AWS Budgets for monitoring and managing costs. They will also explore AWS Trusted Advisor for cost optimization recommendations.
Target Audience: This course is intended for individuals who have experience in working with AWS technology and want to enhance their skills in deploying, managing, and operating workloads on the AWS platform. The target audience includes:
- Systems Administrators and IT Professionals: Individuals with experience in managing on-premises IT environments and looking to extend their skills to the cloud.
- Cloud Professionals: Those who have experience working with other cloud services and want to gain expertise in AWS.
- AWS Technology Enthusiasts: Individuals with a strong interest in AWS technology and cloud computing, regardless of their formal IT background.
Course Curriculum: AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate
Module 1: Introduction to AWS
- Overview of Cloud Computing and AWS
- Understanding the AWS Global Infrastructure
- Managing AWS Access with IAM
Module 2: Compute Services
- Introduction to Amazon EC2
- Launching and Configuring EC2 Instances
- Managing EC2 Instances with Auto Scaling
Module 3: Networking in AWS
- Introduction to Amazon VPC
- Creating and Configuring VPC Components
- Secure Network Connectivity with Direct Connect and VPN
Module 4: Storage Services
- Introduction to Amazon S3
- Managing Data with Amazon S3
- Storing and Backing up Data with Amazon EBS and Amazon Glacier
Module 5: Database Services
- Introduction to Amazon RDS and Amazon DynamoDB
- Managing Databases with RDS and DynamoDB
- Data Warehousing with Amazon Redshift and Caching with ElastiCache
Module 6: Monitoring and Metrics
- Introduction to AWS CloudWatch
- Monitoring AWS Resources and Generating Alarms
- Ensuring Compliance with AWS Trusted Advisor and AWS Config
Module 7: High Availability and Fault Tolerance
- Designing for High Availability with Multi-AZ Deployments
- Implementing Fault Tolerance with Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) and Amazon Route 53
Module 8: Security and Compliance
- AWS Security Best Practices
- Configuring IAM Policies for Access Control
- Data Encryption with AWS Key Management Service (KMS)
Module 9: Automation and Management Tools
- Automating Operational Tasks with AWS Systems Manager
- Infrastructure as Code with AWS CloudFormation
- Application Management with AWS OpsWorks
Module 10: Cost Optimization
- Monitoring and Managing Costs with AWS Cost Explorer and AWS Budgets
- Cost Optimization Recommendations with AWS Trusted Advisor
- Review of Key Concepts and Best Practices
- Preparing for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate Exam
“In every course I attended, they all helped and made sure that I was going to get where I needed to go,”. “From the director all the way to the teachers, they all want you to succeed.”
I couldn’t imagine how much attending the Ethical Hacking course at SCP Academy would help me in my career. After that I asked for more and I knew who could help me. Having also completed the Java and WordPress courses I want to say that learning never stops and this is what SCP Academy has taught me.
SCP Academy was the key for me to open new doors in my career, leading me down paths I would never have thought of. Apart from Knowledge I have been taught to value persistence, to be curious and to focus on specific and timely goals, both in career as well as in life.
I attended my first course in 2015 with the dream of becoming an IT professional. I have registered for the MCSA course and since then I have never stop learning. I have completed successfully the Azure and Office 365 courses which helped me find my dream job. Now I can ask for more and I know who can help me take them.
SCP Academy helped me learn more than I could ever imagine. The courses enriched me with knowledge and professional skills that i use in my job
Following my passion for technology was one of the best decisions I ever made. In SCP Academy I have found and attended courses that advanced my career to the next level.
SCP academy was the key for me to step to success. Regarding the knowledge that I gained from the university the academy offered to me more skills to succeed my goals and my dreams. SCP academy has offered to me professional courses that helped me to start my new career in Malta.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 310 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 10
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes