SCP have partnered with Mile2 as an Authorized Training Center to offer the Certified Professional Ethical Hacker (CPEH) course. Mile2 designs, develops, and delivers Information Security training and Information Assurance services that meet military, government, private sector and institutional specifications. In doing so, Mile2 has become the de facto standard for a number organizations and militaries worldwide.
Key facts about Mile2
- Mile2 has a strong military connection. Their Certified Penetration Testing Engineer (CPTE) certification played a pivotal role in assisting the United States Air Force (USAF) improve their security protocols. This course was originally designed for the USAF.
- Mile2’s certification courses are accredited by Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS). They are also on the FBI’s Preferred Tier 1-3 certification training list for prospective FBI agents specializing in cybercrime.
- All Mile2 courses count as Continuing Education Units (CEUs) toward (ISC)2, ISACA, and SANS ongoing certification requirements.
Mile2 IT Security certifications are accredited by the NSA and preferred by the FBI
Mile2 certifications are unique in their approach of combining theory with practical experience. Mile2 courses are always up-to-date with the latest developments in tools, best practices and threat scenarios. The balance provided by Mile2 courses equips the attendees with the knowledge, skills and practice needed to immediately provide benefit to their organization or clients and be confident in using their enhanced skills.
Watch this video to learn more about Mile2
About this course
The Certified Professional Ethical Hacker vendor neutral certification course is the foundational training to Mile2’s line of penetration testing courses.
The CPEH certification training enables students to understand the importance of vulnerability assessments by providing industry knowledge and skills in Vulnerability Assessments. In doing so, the CPEH student is able to understand how malware and destructive viruses function. In addition, the CPEH course helps students learn how to implement counter response and preventative measures when it comes to a network hack.
The CPEH course provides in-depth labs that focus on both open source and commercial based tools with industry best practices. These hands on labs emulate real world hacking scenarios and equip the candidate to assess your company’s security posture, help implement controls to better secure your company’s network infrastructure and how to combat against hackers and/or viruses, etc.
Course areas covered
- Module 1 – Security Fundamentals
- Module 2 – Access Controls
- Module 3 – Protocols
- Module 4 -Cryptography
- Module 5 – Why Vulnerability Assessments?
- Module 6 – Vulnerability Tools of the Trade
- Module 7 – Output Analysis and Reports
- Module 8 – Reconnaissance, Enumeration & Scanning
- Module 9 – Gaining Access
- Module 10 – Maintaining Access
- Module 11 – Covering Tracks
- Module 12 – Malware
- Module 13 – Buffer Overflows
- Module 14 – Password Cracking
- Appendix 1 – Economics and Law
- Appendix 2 – Vulnerability Types
- Appendix 3 – Assessing Web Servers
- Appendix 4 – Assessing Remote & VPN Services
- Appendix 5 – Denial of Services
Click here to see a detailed breakdown of the course syllabus
Who should take this course?
- Information System Owners
- Security Officers
- Ethical Hackers
- Penetration Testers
- System Owner and Managers
- Cyber Security Engineers
About the exam
The CPEH exam is taken online through Mile2’s Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”), which is accessible on your mile2.com account. The exam will take 2 hours and consist of 100 multiple choice questions. Further details about the exam are as follows:
- All exams are immediately loaded in your Mile2 user account once you have enrolled
- All Mile2 exams are taken on-line and can be taken anywhere 24/7 providing you have access to an internet connection and PC or laptop
- All exams run for 2 hours and comprise of 100 questions with a passing score of 70%
- There are NO prerequisites toward taking any Mile2 exam
- Once you have passed your exam, you will instantly receive a digital copy of your certification
Mile2 has developed IT Security training specifically for the United States Air Force, the Department of the Army Counter Intelligence, the Canadian Department of National Defence, and Boeing.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
Although there are no prerequisites to take the course or sit the exam, it is recommended prospective learners have 12 months IT security and networking experience.
What does this course include?
- Instructor-led Training
- Video based course material
- Live lab access to practice your skills
- Exam prep guide
- Exam simulator to prepare you for the official exam
- Exam voucher to sit the official exam
- 2nd shot exam voucher in case you fail
“In every course I attended, they all helped and made sure that I was going to get where I needed to go,”. “From the director all the way to the teachers, they all want you to succeed.”
I couldn’t imagine how much attending the Ethical Hacking course at SCP Academy would help me in my career. After that I asked for more and I knew who could help me. Having also completed the Java and WordPress courses I want to say that learning never stops and this is what SCP Academy has taught me.
SCP Academy was the key for me to open new doors in my career, leading me down paths I would never have thought of. Apart from Knowledge I have been taught to value persistence, to be curious and to focus on specific and timely goals, both in career as well as in life.
I attended my first course in 2015 with the dream of becoming an IT professional. I have registered for the MCSA course and since then I have never stop learning. I have completed successfully the Azure and Office 365 courses which helped me find my dream job. Now I can ask for more and I know who can help me take them.
SCP Academy helped me learn more than I could ever imagine. The courses enriched me with knowledge and professional skills that i use in my job
Following my passion for technology was one of the best decisions I ever made. In SCP Academy I have found and attended courses that advanced my career to the next level.
SCP academy was the key for me to step to success. Regarding the knowledge that I gained from the university the academy offered to me more skills to succeed my goals and my dreams. SCP academy has offered to me professional courses that helped me to start my new career in Malta.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes