Linux adoption continues to rise worldwide as individual users, government entities and industries ranging from automotive to space exploration embrace open source technologies. This expansion of open source in enterprise is redefining traditional Information and Communication Technology (ICT) job roles to require more Linux skills. Whether you’re starting your career in open source, or looking for advancement, independently verifying your skill set can help you stand out to hiring managers or your management team.
The Linux LPIC certificate also serves as a great introduction to the more complete and advanced Linux Professional certification track.
The Linux Professional Institute LPIC-1 certificate validates a demonstrated understanding of the following:
- FOSS, the various communities, and licenses.
- Knowledge of open source applications in the workplace as they relate to closed source equivalents.
- Basic concepts of hardware, processes, programs and the components of the Linux Operating System.
- How to work on the command line and with files.
- How to create and restore compressed backups and archives.
- System security, users/groups and file permissions for public and private directories.
- How to create and run simple scripts.
Who should do this course?
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this certification
Through this course, you will cover the following components:
- Working with Linux and open source software
- Managing Linux installation and boot up
- Managing Linux environments
- Working with Linux software package managers
- Understanding command line syntax patterns
- Finding system help
- Working with the Linux file system
- Managing network connectivity
- Managing remote sessions
- Working with Bash scripts
- Monitoring and controlling system processes and users
- Working with object permissions
- Securing your Linux infrastructure
- Understanding container virtualization basics (including Docker)
- Building application servers
Duration: 72 Hours
Monday & Wednesday
Tuesday & Thursday
18:00 – 21:00
Online & Instructor Led
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 70 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes