Want to pursue a career as a professional ethical hacker? Looking for ethical hacker training in Cyprus? Then we at SCP Academy offer a comprehensive ethical hacker training Cyprus course. But before you decide to take up our course we would like you to know what ethical hacking is all about? And what are the responsibilities of an ethical hacker?
What is ethical hacking?
Ethical hacking is different from malicious hacking. Ethical hacking is a method of intruding lawfully into a particular system with the intention of assessing the threats in those systems. The intention of ethical hacking is not destructive, in fact it is used for implementing stronger security systems for any future cyber-attack. In the ethical hacking process, a company enables security experts to lawfully break into their systems and fix the loopholes and vulnerabilities black hat hackers could use to intrude in.
What are the responsibilities of an ethical hacker?
A professional ethical hacker needs to understand his responsibilities and stick to them. The key responsibilities of an ethical hacker include:
- Getting authorization from the concerned company before trying to intrude or breach their network and carrying out security assessment on the system.
- Assessing the loopholes and vulnerabilities by scanning the ports and inspecting the patches. An ethical hacker also needs to implement social engineering hacks such as sniffing, phishing, scavenging in bins for charts, session hijacking and a lot more.
- Reporting the flaws or vulnerabilities that are found in the system.
- Keeping the conclusion confidential and erase all the traces of the legal hack so that it becomes difficult for the malevolent hackers to enter the system through recognized loopholes.
- Being an ethical hacker you should follow all legal practices to guard IT systems and data from malicious hacking efforts.
What are the essential skills required to be an ethical hacker?
Ethical hacking is a career that is rewarding in financial as well as professional terms. If you are someone who has keen interest in programming and solving complex problems then becoming an ethical hacker will be a great career option for you. There are a few essential skills that are mandatory for you to learn if you want to pursue a career as an ethical hacker and perform your tasks efficiently. These skills include:
- Good Programming Skills: An ethical hacker needs to possess good programming skills so that they can use the codes to identify the loopholes and rectify them for reducing the risk of malicious hacking.
- Understand the Networks: They should also possess a better understanding of networks. As a number of devices access the network across different platforms, it makes the networks prone to cyber attacks. Being an ethical hacker you should possess a strong knowledge of networks for eliminating any potential threat and check if the system is compromised in any way.
- Database Knowledge: An ethical hacker should also have a better understanding of databases. Data security is the main concern for corporations these days as hackers try to steal confidential information by attacking the database systems.
- Operating System Knowledge: Another skill that you need to learn if you are planning to become an ethical hacker is knowing the operating systems such as Windows, Android, Linux, Unix, macOs and iOS. Also, get familiar with the various hacking tools and software available in the market.
So join our ethical hacker training Cyprus course today and take the first step towards your career as an ethical hacker.